Safari White Alligator
Sorry, this item is out of stock
A white alligator can either be albino or leucistic. The difference between the two is that albinism is the complete lack of the pigment melanin, whereas leucism is the result of lacking melanin in certain parts of the body. An albino alligator will have pink eyes, whereas one with leucism will have blue eyes.
- Scientific Name: Alligator mississippiensis
- Characteristics: White alligators are exceptionally rare, especially in the wild where they’re susceptible to predators while they’re young due to their lack of camouflage. Some cultures believe that seeing a white alligator brings luck, so make sure to spread the good fortune around by displaying this beautifully hand painted figurine where everyone can see it!
- Size and Color: As its name suggest, the white alligator is predominantly ivory-white, although individuals with leucism will sometimes have normal colored patches. 6 inches long and 3.25 inches wide, this model is a bit shorter and wider than a 16 oz. water bottle resting on its side.
- The White Alligator is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- : All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.