Safari Desert Tortoise
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Native to the Mojave and Sonoran deserts of the United States and Mexico, the desert tortoise can grow to be over 80 years old. It spends most of its time in burrows to help regulate its body temperature and water loss in order to survive the harsh climate of its natural habitat.
- Scientific Name: Gopherus agassizii
- Characteristics: Desert tortoises are herbivores with a big appetite, so make sure you have some fresh greens on hand in case this pokey pal gets hungry! Designed and painted by hand, this figurine makes an exceptional gift, toy, or teaching aid.
- Size and Color: In order to blend into their environments more effectively, desert tortoises are often brown and dark olive in color. Standing 1.5 inches tall and 3.25 inches long, this model is a bit shorter and longer than a deck of cards stood on its side.
- The Desert Tortoise is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free