For decades the staple food items for insectivores has been the Common House Cricket (Acheta domesticus). Their jumpy movements make them irresistible to herps of all kinds.
Be sure to dust them with a fine CALCIUM when served! and a quality vitamin once in awhile but before they meet their fate, here are a variety of items to keep them alive, well fed and nutritious.
Feeding or "gut loading" is a must ! as the hard chitinous exo skeleton of a cricket has little nutritional value on its own.
At Jungle Bobs Reptile World we offer food to our crickets 24x7 so they are plump and their stomachs are full of good food when they meet your reptile, amphibian or invertebrate. They will pass on the food in their gut to your happy herp when ingested.
So Be sure to stock up on "cricket stuff" as your herps are what they eat!
- Jungle Bob Thirst Quencher 2.5 oz. $ 1.99
- Exo-Terra Cricket Pen from $ 13.99
- Jungle Bob Bug Vittles 2.5 oz. $ 1.99
- Repashy Superfoods Insect & Invertebrate Formulas from $ 6.99
- Flukers Orange Cube Cricket Feed from $ 6.99
- Flukers Calcium Fortified Cricket Quencher from $ 3.99
- Zilla Cricket Water Pillow 6PK $ 3.99
- Flukers Cricket Quencher from $ 3.99
- Exo-Terra FEEDING ROCK Cricket Feeder $ 13.99
- Flukers High Calorie Cricket Diet 11.5oz $ 4.99
- Flukers Mealworm High Calorie Diet 6 oz $ 8.99
- Lee's Kricket Keeper Small $ 13.99
- Flukers High Calcium Mealworm Diet 12 oz $ 11.99
- Lee's Kricket Keeper Large $ 29.99